Monkey Magic : 1998 Japanese anime



Monkey Magic is a Japanese anime series aired in the late 90s. I remember watching this early Saturday morning. Back then Monkey King was my life, so I wake up super early just to watch this. Too bad it got cancel. =/ I think it gets to episode 13 only?

This anime is not the same as in the Journey to the West novel. Sun Wukong's name in here become Kongo. Sanzo is the Tang monk. Runlay is the white dragon horse, who is a girl in here. Fanya is a girl monkey (she likes Kongo). Buddha is called the Guardian. Kuan Yin is Lady Blossom. As for the bad guy, we have Batty, Slime Lord and the main boss, Dearth Voyd.

Ignore the fact that this series doesn't follow the novel 100%, I think it is a great show for little kids. But too bad it gets cancel. So... no need to watch if you haven't watch before.





0 comments: